Saturday 17 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 17 - "Moon"

Today's prompt:

And now, our (optional) prompt. I’ve seen some fairly funny twitter conversations lately among poets who are coming to terms with the fact that they keep writing poems about the moon. For better or worse, the moon seems to exert a powerful hold on poets, as this large collection of moon-themed poems suggests. Today, I’d like to challenge you to stop fighting the moon. Lean in. Accept the moon. The moon just wants what’s best for you and your poems. So yes – write a poem that is about, or that involves, the moon.

This prompt had inspiration firing instantly, with all sorts of ideas popping around in my brain. I'm quite pleased with my poem, and I hope you enjoy it too:

Moon
Diana; huntress
Shedding light in dark places
Finder of lost secrets

Moon
Ever changing shape
From introvert - face hidden
To extrovert joy

Moon
Tidal enforcer
Biting away the coastline
Stirring up the oceans

Moon
A barren landscape
Finish line of the space race
Trophy of the cold war

No comments:

Post a Comment