Wednesday 28 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 28 - "Questions"

The website was all back to normal today. So here's the prompt:

Our prompt today (optional, as always), is to write a poem that poses a series of questions. The questions could be a mix of the serious (“What is the meaning of life?”) and humorous (“What’s the deal with cats knocking things off tables?”), the interruptive (“Could you repeat that?”) and the conversational (“Are those peanuts? Can I have some?”). You can choose to answer them – or just let the questions keep building up, creating a poem that asks the reader to come up with their own answer(s).

As a parent of young children it was easy to come up with some questions for this poem, as the whole day seems to be an exercise in fielding questions. Especially one's related to food:

When will we get there?
What's that in my feet?
When is it my birthday?
What do we have to eat?

Why do I have to go to sleep?
What cuddly can I take?
Why do you have to go to work?
Please can I have some cake?

When will it be Tuesday?
Why do ducks say quack?
Can we take the bus home?
When do I get my snack?

Why do I have to tidy?
Where did you put my pen?
Why is it we have to poo?
I'm hungry again!

No comments:

Post a Comment