Monday 19 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 19 - "Super League"

The prompt:

And last but not least, our prompt (optional, as always). Today, I’d like to challenge you to write a humorous rant. In this poem, you may excoriate to your heart’s content all the things that get on your nerves. Perhaps it’s people who tailgate when driving, or don’t put the caps back on pens after they use them. Or the raccoons who get into your garbage cans. For inspiration, perhaps you might look to this list of Shakespearean insults. Or, for all of you who grew up on cartoons from the 1980s, perhaps this compendium of Skeletor’s Best Insults might provide some insight.

This was a prompt that sounded interesting and something I may try in the future. I have written similar type poems in the past but I kind of have to have something to specifically be angry about first. I have written about something which has frustrated me in the news this week. It's about the story of the European Super League, and I just hope that nothing comes of it. The poem is in the form of a Tanka:

With locust hunger
Devouring in arrogance
Mowing up the cash
Will the fans stand by and watch
Will humble pie be eaten


No comments:

Post a Comment