Monday 12 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 12 - "Hard"

The prompt:

Finally, our prompt (optional, as always). I’m calling this one “Past and Future.” This prompt challenges you to write a poem using at least one word/concept/idea from each of two specialty dictionaries: Lempriere’s Classical Dictionary and the Historical Dictionary of Science Fiction. A hat tip to Cathy Park Hong for a tweet that pointed me to the science fiction dictionary and to Hoa Nguyen for introducing me to the Classical Dictionary. 

I have to say this wasn't the most inspiring prompt for me, alongside working and dealing with kids at home for the holidays. Plus I have been feeling completely overwhelmed and stressed today, so all I can give is a little Haiku and hope for the best tomorrow:

Want to hide away
Hollowed out; nothing to give
Life is hard today

No comments:

Post a Comment