Tuesday 2 October 2018

Kicked in the Creatives

It had been quite a while since I'd posted much on here in a meaningful way. A combination of young kids, anxiety and low mood put paid to that, and I didn't really have the energy or inspiration to be creative.

However, along came Kick in the Creatives and a metaphorical kick up the backside from my wife, who suggested I take part in their Poetember challenge for September. And so I did. A poem a day for all thirty days.

Some I'm really pleased with and some are a little more so so, but still, I put my brain to work every day and I feel much better for it. It's also been really nice to engage with such a friendly and supportive group of people, and to get a chance to be inspired by their creativity too.

So, now it's a new month and I still feel a little inspired to continue with my creativity. This month I will take part in their Kick Time October, which is a single prompt word for the whole month.

I plan to put together some poems on the theme of Twisted, and maybe a handful of sketches too. If I feel inspired I might also do some things outside this based on their optional prompt words, but I will see how I feel.

Before I began, I did a bit of a word splurge to get my brain working, but already this month I've come up with a couple of poems, so things are going well so far.



1 comment: